Are you thinking about training to become a professional chef?
Maybe you’ve thought of becoming a skilled chef and being in charge of a cool restaurant or baking business? In case you have, you can begin the coaching you really need to get established at one of those ideal jobs by applying at a nearby cook training college.
These proven cooking colleges employ trained, experienced course instructors and up-to-date learning kitchens to teach you the knowledge and skills necessary in order to become a chef, baking specialist or catering planner.
Or in case you see yourself one day overseeing a restaurant or hotel as opposed to preparing dishes in a restaurant kitchen, quite a few colleges also provide degree programs in hospitality operations and management.
Sessions are commonly lead by trusted, highly-skilled and professional chefs. And they are presented in conventional restaurant-like cooking areas.
A couple of the regular class topics will include basic cooking skill development, grilling, baking, pastry making, garnishments, menu planning, kitchen procedures, catering, food purchasing and restaurant management.
Apart from some colleges which provide a comprehensive Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management, the vast majority of diploma programs should be accomplished in well under a year or two.
Many these specialty schools offer internships so you can experience real job experience, and a good number feature customized career placement help for you as you graduate.
Spend a minute to check out a couple of the affordable institutions and courses within your region. Discover a training program in your town and take a look at the available job prospects in your area.
Key in your zip code into our research box just below. Local or online choices:
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
IA students can have additional degree choices, click here.