So, you’re thinking about majoring in the culinary arts?
Have you thought of becoming a expert chef and managing a fancy restaurant or baking business? If this sounds like you, you can quickly begin the proper training you will want to get moving at one of those cool jobs by registering at a nearby cook training school.
These good culinary schools hire skilled, professional teachers and restaurant-quality kitchens to give you the knowledge and techniques required for you to be a entry-level chef, baking specialist or catering planner.
Or in case you see yourself taking care of a restaurant or resort instead of preparing dishes in a restaurant kitchen, a number of these schools deliver diploma programs in restaurant or hospitality operations and management.
Lessons are traditionally presented by respected, industry-trained and currently working chefs. And they are offered in commercial restaurant-replica cooking areas.
Some of the routine class topics include basic culinary technique development, grilling, baking, pastry making, beverages, food safety, kitchen procedures, food science, business operations and management.
Aside from a number of Kansas colleges which have a complete undergraduate diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Administration, most the training may be done in less than two years.
Many these specialty schools provide intern programs so learners can pick up real-world experience, plus nearly all provide custom career placement help for you as you graduate.
Spend a minute and have a look at one or two of the prime colleges and courses within your location. Find a program near you and compare the attainable job choices in your state.
Put in your zip code in our search box below. Here are a few choices:
- Program areas include Culinary Arts, Culinary Management, and more
- Students are taught cooking styles from around the globe, including Classical European, Asian, and Latin cuisine
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career as a chef, with course topics that include Culinary Techniques, Management by Menu, and Nutrition
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef
- Start your journey! Classes starting Aug 17.
- Art of Cooking (AS)
- Culinary Arts (BA)
- Culinary Arts Level 1 (C)
- And more...
KS students can find more career training options, read more.