Could you see yourself working as a professional chef?
Maybe you’ve considered being a master chef and running a high quality restaurant or catering business? If you have, you can get the schooling you need to have to get going at one of these ideal jobs by registering at a top, yet affordable, cook training school.
Each of these recognized culinary arts schools hire skilled, practiced trainers and restaurant-quality kitchens to give you the techniques necessary for you to be a entry-level chef, baking specialist or catering planner.
Or if you would rather be running a restaurant or hotel and not working in a restaurant kitchen, various universities and other schools offer diploma programs in restaurant or hospitality administration.
All courses are typically lead by reputable, industry-trained and professional chefs. And classes are presented in commercial restaurant-replica kitchens.
A portion of the customary course topics may include standard cooking skill development, grilling, baking, pastry making, wine and spirits, menu planning, kitchen management, health codes, food purchasing and management.
Except for some universities that present a full, four-year Bachelor’s Degree in Restaurant and Hotel Management, most diploma programs will be achieved in less than two years.
Almost all these specialty schools provide intern programs with local restaurants so learners can experience real job experience, plus virtually all include personalized career placement advice for you as you graduate.
Spend a minute and check into a few of the good schools and courses that have students in your location. Pick a program in your city or online and compare the potential career chances in your state.
Put in your zip code into the database search box down below. Options for Massachusetts students:
- Program areas include Culinary Arts, Culinary Management, and more
- Students are taught cooking styles from around the globe, including Classical European, Asian, and Latin cuisine
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career as a chef, with course topics that include Culinary Techniques, Management by Menu, and Nutrition
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Art of Cooking (AS)
- Culinary Arts (BA)
- Culinary Arts Level 1 (C)
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
You might want to look at other education alternatives in Boston. Browse engine mechanic education in MA.