Do you think you would match well with a career as a professional chef?
Perhaps you have thought of being a skilled chef and being in charge of a special restaurant or cafe? If you have, you can quickly begin the instruction you really need to get going at one of those ideal jobs through registering at a nearby culinary college.
These established culinary schools have the skilled, veteran course instructors and resources to give you the skills required to be able to turn into a chef, baking specialist or caterer.
And in case you see yourself one day taking care of a restaurant or bar and not working right in a commercial kitchen, a number of universities and other schools host programs in hospitality management.
All classes are mostly presented by respected, well-trained and currently working chefs. Plus courses are presented in conventional restaurant-quality cooking areas.
Some of the regular class subjects will include standard cooking skill development, grilling, baking, pastry making, garnishments, food safety, kitchen etiquette, catering, business operations and restaurant management.
Besides a few colleges which deliver a full, four-year undergraduate Diploma in Hospitality Administration, most programs is achieved in under a year or two.
Almost all these schools provide intern programs with local restaurants where you can get real-world experience, and the vast majority offer individual career placement assistance for you before and after you graduate.
Use a minute and have a look at a few of the prime colleges and classes within your area. Uncover a program near you and browse the prospective career choices in your area.
Place in your zip code into our search box just below. Here is our current list:
- Program areas include Culinary Arts, Culinary Management, and more
- Students are taught cooking styles from around the globe, including Classical European, Asian, and Latin cuisine
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career as a chef, with course topics that include Culinary Techniques, Management by Menu, and Nutrition
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Art of Cooking (AS)
- Culinary Arts (BA)
- Culinary Arts Level 1 (C)
- And more...
Dorsey has been a trusted career training school in Michigan for over 80 years!
We offer training programs designed to prepare our students for careers in fields such as healthcare, beauty, culinary, and skilled trades
- Culinary Arts
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
Detroit students have plenty of other education choices. Engine maintenance training in MI.