Do you have an interest in becoming a professional chef?
If you have ever thought of being a master chef and working at a special restaurant or bakery? In case you have, you can begin the training you will need to get up and running at one of these cool jobs by applying at a good and affordable cooking school.
These recognized cooking colleges utilize skilled, practiced teachers and restaurant-quality facilities to train you the knowledge and techniques necessary to be able to be a entry-level chef, baker or catering planner.
Or in case you see yourself managing a restaurant or nightclub rather than preparing dishes in the restaurant kitchen, some schools host diploma programs in restaurant administration.
All classes are often lead by highly regarded, knowledgeable and veteran chefs. Plus courses are delivered in professional industry-standard kitchen areas.
Some of the regular course topics will include all purpose cooking skill development, grilling, baking, pastry making, wine and beverages, food safety, kitchen etiquette, catering, business operations and kitchen budgeting.
Other than the colleges that present a four-year Bachelor Degree in Hospitality Management, the vast majority of the training can be completed in well under a year or two.
Most these specialty schools put together internships with local restaurants so pupils can pick up real work experience, and the vast majority put together custom career placement advice for you before and after you graduate.
Invest one minute and consider a couple of the ideal colleges and instruction in your city. Look for a training program near you or online and have a look at the attainable job options in your state.
Key in your zip code in the search box below. Schools that might work for you:
- Program areas include Culinary Arts, Culinary Management, and more
- Students are taught cooking styles from around the globe, including Classical European, Asian, and Latin cuisine
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career as a chef, with course topics that include Culinary Techniques, Management by Menu, and Nutrition
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Art of Cooking (AS)
- Culinary Arts (BA)
- Culinary Arts Level 1 (C)
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
You can take a look at more options in Las Vegas. Engine mechanic courses in Nevada.