Do you have what it takes for a career in the culinary arts?
Maybe you’ve thought of being a successful chef and managing a fancy restaurant or catering business? If this sounds like you, you might find the instruction you have to have to get going at one of these cool jobs by signing up at a nearby culinary arts school.
Many of these good cooking schools employ qualified, professional teachers and restaurant-quality kitchens to train you the knowledge needed to be able to become a chef, baking specialist or caterer.
And in case you would instead rather be overseeing a restaurant or resort as opposed to actually working in the kitchen, different colleges host diploma programs in hospitality operations and management.
Courses are mostly lead by highly regarded, industry-trained and currently working chefs. Plus classes are offered in professional restaurant-like cooking areas.
Some of the customary class topics include basic cooking skill development, grilling, baking, pastry making, beverages, menu planning, kitchen procedures, food science, food purchasing and restaurant management.
Except for the universities which offer a full, four-year Bachelor’s Diploma in Hospitality Management, many degree programs is frequently completed in under a year or two.
The majority of schools offer internships with local restaurants where pupils can benefit from real work experience, and generally all maintain customized career placement assistance for you before and after you graduate.
Invest one minute and check out a few of the fine colleges and training programs near your area. Search for a training program close to you and have a look at the prospective career options in your state.
Place in your zip code into our search box below. There are some good options:
- Program areas include Culinary Arts, Culinary Management, and more
- Students are taught cooking styles from around the globe, including Classical European, Asian, and Latin cuisine
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career as a chef, with course topics that include Culinary Techniques, Management by Menu, and Nutrition
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Art of Cooking (AS)
- Culinary Arts (BA)
- Culinary Arts Level 1 (C)
- And more...
You might be interested in more diploma alternatives in Newark. Mechanics classes in NJ.